Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Public announcement "Poem To A Horse"

They're too far to bring them close, too high to see below, just hanging on they're daily dose. They never needed any one but the rolling papers for they're grass. The lead they're empty brains with they're hydroponic pot. I'm talking about drug users. Dating them to be exact.l And I am sorry to inform you that, as mentioned in the last blog, I have dated a few.

While watching my favourite documentary, Shakira "The tour of the Mongoose", I noticed that lyrics from "Poem To a Horse" were blanked, I have herd that song thousands of times as it was released in 2001. I for the first time realized that the song was about dating someone who smokes pot. I suddenly had a moment of clarity. I thought to myself, "this girls knows what she is talking about". I related and just wished that I realized what the lyrics meant 4 years ago, it would have saved me so much trouble.

I hate coming in second with a lover, even though its impossible not to, but coming in second to skunk killed me. I had a boyfriend who I was completely head over heals for a few years ago. I loved spending every moment I could with him. He loved to spend every moment getting high with me. Am I really that annoying? A solution to a problem in his world, get high, for celebrations, get high, after sex, get high. And whenever I wanted to talk about something serious, it was like talking to a brick wall. We had relationship problems, as all couples do, but our were left neglected and got worse as time went by.

Another drug user dated was during the summer of 2008. He took chemical drugs, ecstasy, cocaine, and even LSD. He and I got on great before he tried to get me to try some. He praised LSD, thinking it was God's elixir. I cringed at the thought. Whenever he was tiered he would take a line of cocaine. When we went out to night club, he took ecstasy. I was dating a man who needed chemical drugs to live and have fun. When you date some one and they tell you that they're dream is to take LSD and see God, you know that's when its time to say goodbye.

I'm writing this to inform people and I hope I'm not too late. Dating a drug user is like dating some one who is in love with your enemy, even if you are a user yourself. You always come in second, and asking/begging them to quit is like "reading poems to a horse". It doesn't register. No matter how much they love you its they're choice at the end of the day.

Gracias por la lectura. Espero que hiciera un impacto en este tema.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really good...
    I really enjoyed reading that...

    So pretty much, you have had boyfriends of every nature...abusive, drug addicts, boring...the list goes on...haha

    Ever had a boyfriedn that liked you, and you liked him back, and it was a good relationship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolz me thinks his life is a tragedy, the ones that Shakespeare wrote about so many years ago! He wouldnt be interesting if he was normal! He's so going to slap me now for saying that!

    I want more! I love reading about your dating escapades! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, some people just like adventure...
    Besides, as long as he keeps dating these various types of guys, he can give me the advice, and I'll know who to stay away from, and who to go for...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should really write more about who to go for shouldn't I? And I won't slap you Stephen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL I think any drug taker is one to saty away from but its interesting to see how one persons habit can strain a relationship. So far we had rich guys, drug takers and obbsessive. Is there any other kinds of guys that arent 'perfect'!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No no, It is way more interesting when you tell us about your unusual relationships...

    Everyone has been told about good ones, lets here about the downside of it...

    Haha, you guys are so funny! I love you both...in the most unawkward way as possible...haha
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracias por pasar y participar.
    Siempre bienvenido.
    Suerte, Nels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA!
    Angel, I was reading a post from about three posts ago, haha..
    The one where you where naming off the things you love in no particular order...
    and you put me in there! How sweet!
    Haha, just kidding, but I found it funny...

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha oh so i did... well can't deny it... its fate lol <3

    ReplyDelete